View Single Post
Old 05-23-2016, 10:52 AM
Heavy Contributor

That is awesome. Will take in what you did. It seems I might have time to do some front frame work. Might be asking some question on that.

Son twisted the axle yesterday afternoon. Axle completely snapped right behind the driver's side hub. (of course, was not surprised) Has been on my to-do list. I know the YD are known for this. And damn thing is, that day, I spent 2 hrs, fabbing up some front mud flap protectors. Put on the Drivers seat cover I got off amazon. Tell truth, what little padding that's in it, sure did make a difference. Add little more padding on the butt, and it's a much better ride.

This taken care of, I was pretty much done with the YD, until I could save up some money to do other upgrades.

He was going straight. He just got done going around a turn, then gave it gas. Then it broke.

I heard him yell at me. So I started walking his way. Didn't hear the engine running. Started calling for him. He walked around the corner, and said he was fine. (so I took it as something happened) He comes running up to me. I asked what happened. He said the Back tire fell off. I just checked the hubs, and pins in the bolts that day, so I knew, the nut didn't come off. So my thought was, SH*&T.

So as we was bring the trailer around, he was telling me what happened. Then he paused and just out of the blue made this statement. "Dad, WTF? the back tire passed me, and kept going half way up the hill. I didn't know what was going on, until the tire fly passed me."

My son, knows better to say bad words. But since I had a few beers in me. All I could do was laugh. I guess if I saw that to, I would be saying the same thing. Plus, I was glad he didn’t roll it, or get hurt. So was all good. Would have loved to get that on video.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20160523_064251.jpg (94.2 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg 20160523_064305.jpg (97.0 KB, 30 views)