View Single Post
Old 09-29-2017, 07:46 PM
Heavy Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pripyat View Post
I was originally wanting to try and spec the parts to get a heim on the existing tie rod but it makes more sense to beef up the tie rod at the same time..
It's easier to make new tie rods I don't think bungs can be had to fit the smaller dia. stock rod. plus, the with heims and the R&P mount the tie rod is a touch longer.
Those are the RFY shocks. Original plan was to use those for fabbing the front , play with the settings then replace with a set of Works. but they have held up and functioned surprisingly well. I had figured on blowing them out well before now. When they do go I'll get the Works.
The lower stock shock mounts were removed with stronger mounts set lower into the a-arm. The upper mount is moved up and out.The upper and lower shock mount points are equal distance from the lower a-arm pivot point. With this mounting position the shock angle does not change as the suspension compresses. This enables full use of the shock stroke without any added stress on the mounting points or the shock
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 095-1.jpg (93.4 KB, 22 views)