View Single Post
Old 11-01-2017, 11:45 AM
Contributor

After about 2 years of owning my 3 gy6 150 buggies, doing tons of nearly daily research, added performance parts just shy of big boring and stroking, that none of these engines will give me the power I would want.

I need buggies that can keep up with rzr and quads and hit the hills with two people in the buggy.

I have concluded that yes I can boost up power, but the gy6 or 250 expense compared to dropping in an existing bigger engine from 400cc to 600cc will have no comparison. Especially when considering these other engines start at 30 plus horse power.

I know they will be a much bigger engine needing frame mods, better shocks, etc. but I think I am up for the challenge.

The biggest challenge will be to see if I can still have reverse or be able to modify the gy6 gearbox. However, when it comes down to it, power outways the need for reverse.

I will be documenting my build either way I go.

Guang Max 150
All stock but to be like Buggy 1 with all koso cvt.

Roketa 150
Complete tear down building port/polished 61mm NCY head, 62mm cylinder, A12 Cam, 28mm carb, straight through exhaust, 8 pole stator, possibly 2.5 stroker, painting frame, adding plastic including doors and rzr seats.