View Single Post
Old 11-02-2017, 12:41 AM
Contributor

Thanks Tom, Jersey and Neo.

It has been a real learning curve. I have just been disappointed with the lack of power after putting the aftermarket exhaust, a12 cam, jetting, redneck Uni intake, Performance NCY clutch, Beljing bell, 12g sliders and 115mm variator.

It all makes me feel that if I pump cash to do the 62mm big bore, 2-3mm stroker and head job that I will increase power but still be lacking trying to keep up with a quad or rzr.

So I have thought, if I can throw in a maxi scooter 500cc engine with 39 horse power that brings a 475 pound scooter to 105+mph, that I could get a top speed of atleast 65mph, gear down and get some bottom as well.

I also thought that even though I have more HP that the engine weight will be more and I am adding quite a bit of plastic and metal to the body. I usually ride two so thought the weight would be there for traction.

The other thing I did like about an engine swap is the electronic fuel injection stock, bigger variator for top speed, water cooling and larger stator to run more lights, etc.

Regarding my shop, I have a welder, grinders and an iron bender, not tubing bender.

I just want the power to get up hills, keep up with the other guys and have a good time while also driving it on the street as I have it street legal. I also keep hearing how modding the gy6 by stroker, big bore, etc. loses reliability and can over heat easier.

Guang Max 150
All stock but to be like Buggy 1 with all koso cvt.

Roketa 150
Complete tear down building port/polished 61mm NCY head, 62mm cylinder, A12 Cam, 28mm carb, straight through exhaust, 8 pole stator, possibly 2.5 stroker, painting frame, adding plastic including doors and rzr seats.

Last edited by fan4chevy; 11-02-2017 at 12:44 AM.