View Single Post
Old 11-03-2017, 01:50 PM
Contributor

Stay away from the harbor freight pipe kinker. Pro tool or jd2 for a pipe bender. I use a homemade knock off of the jd2 I built years ago. You look around you can find the plans pretty easily. If you can get the metal cheap or free it's not really hard to build. If you buy new metal it's not really worth building it vs buying. I hear guys claiming they can find them cheap on craigslist but in my area there are 2 mud tracks and a dirt track so if they do pop up they are gone in minutes or priced just as much as a new one.

I don't have good opinions on any of eastwoods stuff. At least with harbor freight you know you are buying chinese knock offs and they price it cheaper. Eastwood has knock offs and it isn't much cheaper than the real stuff. Personally I've built 2 roll cages with my HF notcher and can't say much bad about it besides the required tuning to get it set up right. It really doesn't take 30 minutes (hour if you stop to drink a few here and there) and it's done. It's never gonna be a pro grade tool but for the diy guy that might use it once or 2 times a year it's hard to beat.