View Single Post
Old 12-04-2017, 10:17 AM
Supporting Vendor

Thanks!

Haha well if it helps, I've wanted to do something like this for a long long time. Just couldn't carve off the time and attention to code the system and make it happen. Finally got it done! You know, you could always pick up another Yerf or two

I'm happy with how the tiered system worked out. Most places offering deals give you a big discount on small throw-away items, but I thought it would be really cool to do the opposite and offer big price cuts on big upgrades that are normally pretty expensive. The reasoning that it's a good way to offer prices that match or undercut the cheapies on eBay and Amazon, but with all of the BD benefits. Solid tested parts, my full technical support backing, warranty, and of course the sale helps support our R&D projects!

With how the Gold list is setup currently, you'll see complete Reverse Kits pop up for $168 on Gold Deal. Precision Pre-machined Big Bore GY6 Crankcase sets for $112 each, etc. I wanted to match that feeling when you get that great TV deal on Black Friday (but no need to wait a year, these deals run every day and have an approximate 30-day randomized rotation).

I also didn't want it to be some unobtainable lottery-style goal with 1 in 10,000 "one lucky winner!" chance to get what you want. I really dislike those offers. Basically, if you want the deal on 175cc Big Bore kit, stroker crank (or something else on the gold deals list), you WILL get it if you come to the site every day and beat others to the claim.

The value I'm hoping to get in return is a boost in repeat daily traffic, and to keep Buggy Depot on your mind over places that just compete on price alone (race to the bottom if you ask me - bottom price and bottom quality). eBay and Amazon are putting a squeeze on us middle-weight GY6 guys (not just BD), so I feel we need to get more competitive in sustainable ways. Hopefully this works, and we can do more similar fun stuff.