View Single Post
Old 06-17-2019, 08:52 PM
Lurker

Cool Barn Find: YerfDog 3206 SpiderBox - The Revival

What's up Fellas!?! New to the site. I came across an old spiderbox. I paid $100 for it. It was sitting on flats and hadnt ran in a year or two. I loaded it up in my buddy's truck and brought it on over to the house. Took a good look and it seems to be the Howhit 150 engine. I cleaned the filthy carb and cleaned out the fuel tank and lines and added an in line filter. I took the battery out of my 02 Mustang and strapped it on the back rack. Cranked right up. The next day I played around with the tires and even though they are dryrotted, surprisingly, they all held air. So I did what anyone would do at that point. Yep. I took it for a test drive... Went pretty awesome! The next day I took another ride and got myself in a hairy situation. I pretty much split a ditch on a ROUGH dirt road. Tires on either side, figured I was about to eat it. But this spiderbox TOOK it and kept going. And I had my wife with me in the passenger seat at the time. Lol. That was great. Figured I had me a bad ass little toy. Fast forward to two days later. Another ride down the dirt road and it dies while I'm hauling ass. So I get it pulled over to my buddies and we start messin with the wiring harness. Quickly discovering it to be a junk harness with splices everywhere and a broke off rectifier. Apparently the solenoid burnt out at the same time it died and this harness was NOT color coded lol. Next thing I know, my buddy starts pulling out the wiring harness talking about rewiring the harness. 30 minutes later, i had the yerf back at my house with a royally screwed harness and me scratching my head. So I'm at a full stop at the moment. I'll post pics as soon as I can. Any help rewiring this puppy would be GREATLY appreciated. Wiring has never been my strong suite.

As a side note: can anyone tell me where to find the engine numbers? I've looked but cant seem to find any.

Last edited by KryptaKnight; 06-17-2019 at 08:54 PM.