View Single Post
Old 08-27-2009, 09:37 PM
Administrator

Default Carter Talon 150

This is one of the earlier ones. I believe a 2006, maybe a 2005. These are actually great machines. Very well built and the engines are typically very strong. This one is no exception however it does have the short internal gears and smaller 19 inch tires on it. Although these features are great for trail type riding, with a top speed of only 30 mph, it holds it back on the flat track. BigE told me that at one time the Carters and Hammerheads were coming out of the same factory. I am pretty sure this is in that era. One way to tell this type of engine is the electrical box is configured sideways so the short side faces the rear of the buggy vs typical later configurations where the long side faces the rear. I think the fastest stock 150 machine we have had to date was a Hammerhead 150 from this year (2005-2006). Man that thing ran good.

I ran the snot out of this one on these passes and it held up beautifully taking a heck of a beating on the whoop di's. The reason you don't see such a significant difference between standing and rolling is because with the short gears, this thing gets up to top speed pretty quickly.

Standing Start: 39.88
Rolling Start 38:22