View Single Post
Old 03-06-2012, 08:46 PM
Power User

heh, i'm about the last to person to ask, i just went through this myself. LOL of all the lines, it turns out that only one "needs" connected, it goes from the base of the intake elbow to near the top of the carb on the right side. if you have a stock plastic air filter box, the vent line on the top of the valve cover should go to that. the others can be left open to the outside. When i was getting mine going, I found that one of the lines will stall the engine if i covered it with my finger. Also check your fuel cap to see if its vent isn't plugged, basically unscrew it enough to unseal it from the tank and try starting it. Most of the "issues" with these engines turn out to be annoying little hidden things. I really never messed with little engines (or at least not since i was a pre-teen too long ago) and they just seem too finicky to me. Apparently another thing to check is whether or not yu have a gravity fed fuel system or a pulse-pump style. For that, a real GY6 person will need to step in, as i have yet to need to delve into that area.