View Single Post
Old 01-05-2012, 11:17 AM
Power User

Default max hp for a Centrifigul clutch?

Bouncing around an idea for my daughter's buggy. I got the replacement coil for the little 3 hp briggs. Got it running, but it's too smoky, needs a ring job. So it's pretty much a museum piece.

While i can install the entire yerf rear platform with the tec and jackshaft, it gives me a couple problems in terms of width and size relative to the mini shark.

I have the rear swing arm and axle from a baja 90, including tires--which are more appropriate size wise to the chassis--- sprocket and brake rotor. I'd like to be able to use this axle and part of the swingarm connected to the Tec. It'd be a lot easier if i could just run a centrifugal on the tec right to the sprocket. The sprocket is smaller than the yerfs and is a different pitch that might be an easier match to a centrifugal. I'd resetting the governor/carb to back down the top end until she's ready for it--if needed, the 90's sprocket size might de-gear it enough-- but it'd probably outrun mine in the first 30 feet.

Would a centrifugal hold up to the 6.5 Tec running at about 70-80 percent (probably around 3,000 rpm) or full rpm??