View Single Post
Old 12-08-2011, 04:52 AM
Lite Contributor

Default wheel base

On the wheel base issue ,, I killed two birds with one shot , I had some Crager chrome hub caps 10" rear and 8 " front but couldn't put them on the front wheels as there wasn't enough of lip to hold them , when I tried to flip the wheels , as they are extremely off set , the valve stems hit the rotor , I got some of the button valves they use on show and race cars , the stem is removeable and when removed a threaded plug is installed in the fitting , this cleared the rotor , I redrilled the rims and installed threaded with rubber grommet 90 degree valve stems long enough to clear the hub caps , on the rear I used 3 inch wheel spacers and flip the rims the same as the front but didn't have to drill the rims as it is easily filled with air from the inside , this really increased the wheel base , it is about a foot wider in the rear and about 8 inches in the front , I have plans on getting a set of 2 inch wheel spacers for the front to line the wheel base width up from front to back , but think it will make the turning radius worst , I had read a post somewhere on how to grind and add an extra tooth on the steering rack to increase the turning

Last edited by rocko; 12-08-2011 at 04:55 AM.