View Single Post
Old 04-09-2012, 01:44 PM
Power User

Ding. metal has it--figured he or GX or Ckau would spot it the quickest. After "cycle testing" the suspension and wheel motion while turning them by hand as i lifted last night, i hooked up shocks & the steering wheel, crouched in to get a feel of the effort as i packed a LOT of grease into it, turned the wheel and just about cried turn left, wheels go right (reminds me of a rally co-pilot i know. LOL.) never noted how these things were bolted into the spiderboxes and most of the work on it lately has been late night after work when i'm dogged mentally and physically. All fixed -- didn't take too long and i didn't lose any of my alignments.

a suzuki 250R followed me home today after a drop-off at the scrapyard. $46 rough old thing looks to be mid to late 80s vintage. aluminum rims, but 1 front and 1 rear are pretty beat, may try to save them. pull and electric start, reverse ... front suspension for the sunl, engine if it's salvagable for this in the fall. probably spend the summer going over it. Pulls and sounds like decent compression.

Last edited by x-bird; 04-09-2012 at 01:51 PM.