View Single Post
Old 10-16-2011, 12:01 AM
Contributor

No worrys, its just a much bigger job then I thought when I started. I will post more pictures when I take it up again on Monday.

I just realised the motor in the pictures is setting on the axel. It is not even mounted in these. New photos will help. The motor sets up enough to clear everything except the battery.

My roots blower days where based on a article in HotRod Mag in the early 80's, that showed how to set them up. Luckly there was a hot rodder in town that knew what to do with it. I only bolted it on, figured out the throttle linkage and started it up. Everyone thought I was crazy, maybe... But how else can you get a 72 chevy longbox pickup up to 154 mph. During that run I had a 350 ci small block & a 4-71 blower that was over driven 1.5 to 1. We never had a dyno to messure the hp, but a wild guess would have been around 450-500. It blew up and broke the cam in two places and seized the motor. I then blew up a second 350 from a wrecking yard in a race that broke the drive line as well. The third was a 302 (small journel) that was professionally rebuilt. 11 miles out of that puppy!I removed the blower from it right after that run around town. I was just breaking the motor in. Really.

The outcome of the speeding ticket: They let me keep the motor and trans out of the truck, but the truck it's self was cut up to make a trailer and was sold at auction.

Last edited by 300cpilot; 10-16-2011 at 12:05 AM.