View Single Post
Old 12-22-2010, 02:19 PM
Lite Contributor

Beisides looking at the belt you want to check the following: Make sure the belt when at a stand still is only about an 1/8 of an inch below the top edge of the driven pully. If it is somewhat lower than that it means the main spring is not closing the driven pully all the way which could be the problem if the belt is not worn out. It would cause slack in the belt allowing it to slip.
Remove the variator and check the rollers for wear and flat spots. Look at each side of the variator plates making sure there are no rough spots or deep grooves. Remove the clutch bell and inspect the clutch pads. If they are glazed, scuff them with sand paper. Check the clutch arms making sure the springs are intact. Look at the inside of the bell for rough spots. It can be sanded with 400 grit to smooth out. Clean out any dirt or debris in the cvt and cover.
When you have it jacked up and hit the throttle, the belt should run up close to the top of the variator and the bottom of the driven pully.
The sound a clutch makes when worn out....I don't know, I've never had one worn out yet, but I suppose it would make a scraping sound and your buggy would barely move if any.
I hope this helps you.
BTW, You'll need an impact gun to remove the variator and clutch bell. Do not over tighten them when re-installing.

Last edited by wasjustlooking; 12-22-2010 at 02:23 PM.