View Single Post
Old 01-07-2012, 07:07 PM
Contributor

Metal,
LOL.. I'm sorry I guess I should have at the very least.. left you one can of the Red. Thank you for the kind words, These buggys are a great way to spend quality time with the whole family.

X-Bird,
deal!!

I wanted to add an aftermarket clutch to this buggy so she can launch a little harder out of the hole. I had been watching Feebay for some time and had hoped to find a Powerbloc similar to what I added to my Pilot but could find one or anything at a reasonable price. A little while back I found this Quick Shift clutch on Feebay for a whooping 29 bucks. I had never heard of them and what I could find out was they were out of business years ago, so parts would be near impossible to find for it. I figured at that price it was worth the risk so I bought it. It came from New York, & when it showed up you could tell it had been sitting for quite a while by all the grime, rust and spider webs. I took this crappy pics and then tossed it under the bench. Today I dug it out and pulled it apart to clean it up and look for damage. Too my surprise it was in really good condition and thankfully wasn't missing any parts, it just had a broken roll pin on one of the sliders. A quick trip to Home depot and a a dollar later i replaced all three of the roll pins, cleaned, painted, lubed and assembled the clutch. I am running out of things to do here.. come on UPS... where is my cylinder.