View Single Post
Old 05-16-2012, 09:42 PM
Super Moderator

First off- it's illegal, so don't upset the neighbors while driving it on the street!!!!unless you can provide all the components for a safety inspect(just like a car) and after your next birthday!
$600. isn't much when you're building a buggy from scratch. The power plant is going to be one of the most expensive purchases if it's a well running engine w/electrical components. I think you'll need atleast a 400cc engine to move 600lbs around with any authority. I'd find an ATV type engine with reverse as a 4 seater will be very heavy to try and turn around by hand or push.
Just 4 seats could easily cost $400.Cheap seat belts are $60. each, it adds up really fast!!!
At 15 I'm guessing your skills are still being developed and it's not simple to build/engineer a descent,safe functioning buggy, especially if you're putting 3 other individuals in it.
IMO- you need to find a trashed kart/buggy cheap so most of the parts are there already and some degree of design is already in place. find a running ATV and rob all the engine stuff from it & maybe the tires,shocks,brakes,lights,ect... hope this is the type information you were after.