View Single Post
Old 02-24-2012, 08:47 AM
Power User

pm'd you re. the rack. Forgot to add that there's enough "wiggle" where the pinion gear goes in that you can shift over the column mount 2-3 inches to center. If you can't get enough, you could grind a bevel on the front and rear faces of the gear and get a little more out of it.

If it weren't for the seatbelts, kathryn would sit at the center of the seat on hers (daddy forgot to check her belts one ride and she didn't get it all the way clipped--she did a lap, came back sitting in the middle and gave me grief for not double checking). For tie rods, if you get some 1/2 in rod stock, drill and tap it about 3/4 to 1 inch, thread in a piece of 3/8 iirc threaded rod, buzz a weld around it and add the female cheap heim style ends that you find on the yerf steering arms. I have a pair yet along with some matching fine-thread nuts that fit them, (if they're RH thread that is) yours for the shipping.

BTW--that looks like the exact same set of ATV arms. When you disassemble them, you'll find the lowers are a good inch or so longer. That's where I cut off the arm ends and added a full width tube like the uppers have. Bet they're full of grease lol.....

Last edited by x-bird; 02-24-2012 at 08:53 AM.