View Single Post
Old 04-27-2012, 08:21 PM
Super Moderator

Update: For anyone interested or considering the type/style A-arms I made- after a month of running the new A-arms with the rubber encased bushings has proven to take a healthy beating- We've been fortunate with our weather and have gotten to go play almost everyday for at least 2 hrs (all day on the weekends). I still have the visually unpleasing tire bounce/wobble at full turn- you can't feel it nor does it effect the turn- just looks strange!!! Also when backing up with some speed the wheels @ full turn it appears you're going to tear the wheel off!!! I'm constantly inspecting the A-arms and they're the same as the day I put them on. The only issue/breakage was the cheap hubs (fixed). Wife,daughter & myself have given the Yerfdog more & harder punishment than ever thought about before simply because it'll take it now without failure.The other noticable improvement felt is the steering is so much smoother and effortless in comparison to before. My daugther and wife have both given me the !!!(I do keep track!!)
I'll keep everyone updated if/when we do have a failure. I got what I wanted by the way on the new A-arms design---"ZERO" maintenance & more travel(realistic travel is about 8" before airing a tire).