View Single Post
Old 05-30-2014, 06:36 PM

Hmm, just realized I haven't updated in a month.

Welp, a lot happened since then, so here is the short and sweet of it. Got the wiring all figured out with also adding a gen 2 cluster to the gen 1 harness. That wasn't too bad, just time consuming. The benefit is a digital odometer, and just overall update in appearances.

Was able to fire it up a few weeks ago, but soon found the clutch slave cylinder was pissing fluid as fast I could pour it in, and it is inside the bellhousing.

FFW a bit, got it to the shop, and spent some time figuring out what wiring I had right, and what I had neglected. Found out it was only running on 4 cylinders Corrected that mess(my fault) by running power where it was needed.

Was finally able to devote a couple hours to pulling the trans back out to inspect the clutch slave, and found a loose fitting in the custom line set up. Another bone head move on my end, but if that's all I forgot, then I'm still pretty happy. Yayy! Now we have a clutch.

Ironed out a few other issues, and had the tune shop up the road go in and delete all the emissions junk we removed, and tune out the rest of the garbage we aren't using. Alas, no more check engine lights!!

Did a couple test drives, and found the first hicupp. Popped an inline fuse for the main power feed wire to the ECM, luckily it was an easy fix, and I had low balled the draw anyway. Moved that from a 10A to a 20A as per the miata guys. So far so good. BTW, the owner is scared of his own car. I am not.

I have logged about 15 miles in it so far, and except for the Sparco seat being really uncomfortable, it is a blast to drive. Easily the fastest four wheels I have driven. Needless to say, almost all my co-workers want to ride in it. Didn't take any pics since last time, but here is a short vid.First start

'04 Dazon Raider 150 'modded'