Thread: "Puddle Jumper"
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2010, 05:24 PM
Contributor

Before y'all jump on me, lemme preface the cage fabrication with a little bit of history...
I ain't as nimble as I once was(arthritis, etc) and entry/egress could be a problem here. So if my design looks a little lacking, now you know why, besides look at some of the "over the counter" rigs... Mine is at least .120" thick everywhere you look.... evn it "balls" are 120 thick. Yeah, the balls will probably be another point of discussion. Frankly, I've never built with then, since the good old days of Tinker Toys, but I saw the idea on another site, and thought I'd give it a shot. If when I'm finished, it doesn't look stable enough, or for any reason even gives me a hint of weakness, I'll cut it off and bend up a DOM cage. This is just an experiment, and not recommmended for anyone to copy.

PS..it ain't finished either...LOL

Working on the front control arms too...

And in his spare time, Dad decided to close in the back porch on the shop, and establish a separate "Buggy Parts Room." With it dried in, and shelves on one wall doe, I started moving in...

As you may have already surmised, with the variation, and quantity of parts going in, the Puddle Jumper will NOT be the last project....only the first.....