View Single Post
Old 08-17-2017, 06:48 AM
Heavy Contributor

Yes, I know on jack stands is not best way to go. And I watch the rpms when it's on them. It's a lot of work to get it outside of town, to make some runs with it. Stands are just to give me an idea, so I'm not spending hrs trying to find a starting point. 9 miles don't sound that far out of town. But there would be hell to pay, if I let the kids at home. .
Town laws says I cant even drive the buggy in my own yard, since I live in town. Got my butt jumped already a few times, and was given my last warning. So yes, it's a freaking pain for sure. If I wait until the weekends to do anything, I'd still be putting the engine on the frame. Wife has me doing husband things, on many of the weekends now. PAIN!!!
That said, If don't half to go out of town, might have a good weekend to myself, so can get this narrowed down. Load up all tools, head out to our place, and spend at least a full day down out there.

I got new intake, and rubber spacer. put on yesterday afternoon. After put it on, it hit me like you suggested. Took some carb. cleaner, and sprayed around the back side of carb. around the intake. Engine didn't sputter or rev up. On the old intake the o ring was trashed. Never did the carb. cleaner thing, on old one. So maybe this will get me to where I should be.
And if get off work decent today, will take the time to take it out, and give it a true run.
Pics are of old setup. The blue spacer was actually a 31mm I think. Can see the bulge pretty good in that one pic. And after comparing the old one. To red, the new one, pretty good difference, even in length. Blue was half inch or more longer. So we will see.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg carb2.jpg (91.1 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg 20170811_135658.jpg (92.7 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg 20170816_155559.jpg (92.8 KB, 5 views)