View Single Post
Old 08-19-2017, 09:32 AM
Heavy Contributor

Yep I know. Just not expected issues since pretty much same engine. It's a vm26-606. And yes worked perfect on the old engine, so why these issues, very confusing to me.
Bought it new 5 years ago. Or so. And it's a true m26.
It always gets a cleaning in the spring. But never change or replaced any seals or anything. No rebuild kit. Just gets a good cleaning at least once a year. Sometimes more.
There is a noticable increase in power from take off. Then shortly after that, starts the jarring. Tried to narrow it down on last run. Starts somewhere around 5k rpm.
If stay lower then that, don't feel it. However, not saying it's not doing it. Just might not be feeling it , in the lower speed.

This what been changed over old engine. New cdi, coil, plug. Of course going from 155 to 175cc
The head design is little different, from stock.
And upgraded variator 115mm and upgraded clutch.

I guess one other thing. Made a little bigger electric box in back that holds the main wire harness. Holds the cdi and solenoid. It's a metal box, instead of plastic. I sprayed the inside, top and bottom with rubber coating.
There is much more room in it. The other one was so tight, nothing could move inside of it. With this one, not the case. By chance, could this play a factor? Nothing is really tied down. Cdi or solenoid. I've got all connection covered in tape. But that enough?
Just thought about it, since trying to recall what actually changed between the 2 engines.
Oh ya, upgraded the rear engine mount. Or chain tighten.