View Single Post
Old 08-13-2018, 11:46 PM
Contributor

Life got in the way so I didn't get to make any progress on the electrical box.
My daughter did however manage to run out half a tank of gas LOL
The great news about her running the tank dry is that there were no issues the whole time and the buggy ran great. I shouldn't have to worry to much since I just recently flushed the tank so her running it dry shouldn't cause any problems.

Im working a 6 day 72 hour week this week with only 1 day off this coming weekend so I don't know if I will get a chance to do anything other that put more gas in it and check the oil but if I do I will post pics.

Priorities now are
1 Finish rewire and get all wires in conduit
Strip and paint
New tires front and back
New seats

Once I get that done I will look at

variator and clutch upgrades to include new sliders looking at 12g they seem to be about right for the riding and terrain

Forest trails with some hills shouldn't be a lot of long steep climbs and wont know for sure what the buggys got for performance until I get a chance to put her through the paces have a big gravel pit near where I live with a lot of varied terrain that I can test her out in and make adjustments.

After that I will be pretty much done with her. Ill give her the hunting season to see if she is gonna meet my needs. So far it looks really good im not disappointed at all with the current power and speed but real world testing will tell the tale.
If it don't work all that well out in the woods then this winter I will either decide to find a bigger buggy or look into getting a cut case for a bigger piston and start upgrading for more power.

I do have one question for the experts.
Im running the original carb with the ports matched and I did clean up the intake and exhaust ports on the head.

For the exhaust im running a stock exhaust that I cleaned up the casting flaws in the exhaust flange nipple.

I keep seeing mentions of people ditching the little round gasket and going to a flange gasket but to do that wouldn't I need to remove that nipple that the round gasket sits on.

My exhaust is already gutted so would it be a good idea to remove that nipple to open the exhaust up more. The nipple does seem like its very restrictive but I have seen posts saying don't remove it so im not sure.

I know it wont make a huge difference with the light mods I have done but it also doesn't seem like a big job to fix either if it should be done.