View Single Post
Old 11-28-2009, 11:19 PM
Administrator

No. In fact it is pretty simple. Remove the air cleaner assembly from the carb. Then there are two nuts/bolts that hold the carb to the intake and a spring for the governor. The biggest drag is keeping fuel from spilling all over when you remove the fuel line from the carb. What I do is take a pair of small needle nose vice grips and pinch the line to keep it from flowing. I'll leave them on until the carb is remounted. Once the carb is in your hands, tip it on its side with the fuel line nozzle facing down towards a catch can to allow the fuel somewhere to go. Otherwise, when you pull the fuel bowl, it will still be filled with gasoline. Once you have poured the fuel out of the carb, there is simply a nut on the bottom of the fuel bowl that holds the bowl on. Take it off and then tap on the bowl and it will come loose. There are two jets to contend with: the main jet and a pilot jet. Both come off with a flat tip screw driver. I have a compressor and a jet cleaning kit but your goal is to make sure the passages in those jets are clear. Do not use a drill bit, especially on the pilot jet. Soaking them in carb cleaner will get any dirt loosened up pretty good too. Each carb is different in how much cleaning it needs. You'll have to get yours apart to investigate. If you have questions, ask.