View Single Post
Old 09-20-2009, 09:39 PM
Contributor

I've got this exact machine, and there have been several generations of this one since your bench seat model with the SunL engine.

They now are basically Kinroad clones with two seats and Howhit engines.

On mine, I removed the awful spine-breaker bench seat and replaced it with a single seater from a Blade single seater kart. MUCH improved comfort, even if a little legroom was sacrificed.

You can do a large number of mods to this particular model, including all CVT, electrical, and intake mods. Big bores might be out of luck because of the SunL engine (depends on which flavor of THAT you've got...), and the Hammerhead exhaust won't fit the SunL cylinder head - but the MRP one will with a little enlarging of the flange holes. That MRP exhaust was a big upgrade.

Newer 2-seat models can use the Hammerhead or MRP exhaust and will accept big bore kits (with the usual associated work required for those).

All in all, I've been impressed with it's resilience - particularly all I've put it through over the past couple years. Mine has taken a heck of a beating, and is still running - in some ways better than ever from the mods I've put on. She still needs a little TLC, tho.