View Single Post
Old 01-19-2019, 10:18 AM
Lite Contributor

Default 150cc Dazon - gear box making grinding noise and metal in oil

Hello everyone! So recently I fixed an oil leak between the gear box and CVT housing by replacing the gasket. I ran it for a while, and it sat. Anyways, last few times I noticed a nasty griding noise when I would floor it. If I do 50% acceleration it doesn’t do it. If there are no hills it doesn’t do it. Only when I floor it, or I’m going up a hill.

I checked the CVT housing (belt, clutch, etc) and there is no oil anywhere. So the belt isn’t slipping.

I did a transmission oil change (not engine oil change), and noticed a lot of silver in the oil. So I ran again, heard the grinding, did another trans oil change and noticed more silver in the oil.

So I’ve come to the conclusion it’s in the gear box. I cracked it open today, and all the teeth look good..

However, I notice there is some grinding on a part that links outside (the part that changes from forward/neutral/reverse).

Now I have adjusted the wire that adjusts this a few times, but I guess I can’t get it right if this is happening. Could it be something else in the gear box??