View Single Post
Old 09-20-2016, 09:00 PM
Lurker

Default "new" cart guy here....trying to figure out what I bought! LOL

Hey everyone. I picked this cart up from a friend who dug it out from under a tarp where it had been sitting for the last 10+ years. It was pretty rusty but other than the floorpan, it just required some serious wire brushing and sanding. I cut out the floorpan and had a buddy at work make me a new one...that'll get welded in shortly so I can finish painting the frame.

Looking ahead, I see I am missing some sort of wheel/drive hub that would attach the left rear wheel assy to the drive pulley and brake disc. Caliper brake (need to find new disk...rusted out big time, caliper rebuilt and works nicely), axles are solid (not live) and 3/4", clutch and drive are a belt setup. The rear drive wheel assy was tore apart when I got it, no doubt the hub went bad, it got tore apart and that's the day it started it's decade long "sit".

The closest pic I can find on the web would be a Manco Powersports Indy from the early 2000 range but it is not an exact match....close enough that I am thinking this might be a Manco but a different year than I was able to find pics for.

Anyone know what make/model this is? I am trying to find some sort of parts breakdown so I can figure out for sure what I need to get ordered. I think I have the rest of the kart sorted out, other than I might want to add some aluminum wheels. The body is near mint and whne its done, it should be a great, clean and nice running cart (yeah.....I got the engine running too afte that long! LOL)

THANKS in advance for any knowledge you guys can share! 8) Here are a few pics.