View Single Post
Old 07-07-2013, 08:03 PM
Contributor

Well I pulled the trigger and bought it. I is a 1990 250cc 4 X 4. It is a really slick setup. It is electric start as well as pull start. The trans has a low range, neutral, reverse and a high range. I like that combination. In my mind I can see low range for hill climbing and high for cruising. It doesn't run, (no spark), but for me that is not a biggie. I already found the official service manual for it on line and I teach electronics / electricity so it is just a little patience and wire tracing. My only concern is that I could not test the trans, but since I got it for $100, I can afford to spend some money on it.

I am REALLY itching to start my build, but I have to get a few more home projects out of the way first. Maybe after I replace the struts and tie rods on my wife's Passat, I can get started. I do plan on playing with the ATV today and tomorrow though. I really want to get it to fire, so I know what other issues I may be facing.

Just added - 2007 Joyner 250 SV - Let the fun begin

4-Dirt Bikes, Baja Bug and enough toys to keep me in the garage and out of trouble.