View Single Post
Old 07-09-2013, 11:24 PM
Contributor

Well got some progress today. Once I got the plastics, covers and everything else out of the way, I hit it with engine degreaser and the pressure washer. During the disassembly process, I learned that a rat or something had been living in the air box and the CVT cover . Once I got it clean, it was one of those open mouth insert foot moments. Not only had the varmint been living there, it had also been sampling the wires for a snack .

This thing has a wiring from hell. It has switches for all of the gear selections, a reverse speed reduction circuit, with an over ride switch, a throttle safety switch and it all feeds into a junction box and splits from there.

So today I spent most of my time fixing what the varmint had chewed through and trying to get a grasp on the wiring as a whole. It had a key switch (no key) so I had to spend some time figuring the wiring for that, plus the other switches (start, kill etc) were all corroded and had to be cleaned so they would work. I just got back from Auto Zone, because the starter solenoid was bad. A solenoid is a solenoid, so instead of spending the $ for a Polaris part, I just got one for a Ford truck for $14.

However, it turned out to be a good day. When I pull the pull starter I have spark. . So tomorrow, I will check into getting the starter to work, clean the carb and hopefully get the engine to light. Also I will try and get you pictures of the beast .

Just added - 2007 Joyner 250 SV - Let the fun begin

4-Dirt Bikes, Baja Bug and enough toys to keep me in the garage and out of trouble.