View Single Post
Old 01-14-2012, 10:16 AM
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerfdogman View Post
I had to move my pedals on the yerf dog up about a foot for my kid to reach them. I cut the existing rod in half and threaded the end of it. I got 4' of 5/16 rod, (2) 5/16 couplings from the hardware store. I cut and thread to length. I used the coupling to combine the original rod (which I cut in half) to the new rod. I used a nut on each side of the coupling as a jam nut. I had to notch the gas pedal where the rod goes through. I drilled a hole through the tubing to mount each pedal at the new location. I made 2 short rods and 2 stock rods so I can drive or my kid can. I used the coupling so it is easy to take off without messing with any other linkages. Cost less than $10. The yerf dog rod is less than 5/16 diameter, maybe 1/4" but i used 5/16".

I got the 8 tooth sprocket coming soon so I can hopefully climb hills.
I cut the front 5" (2 front holes for motor) off of the existing comet jack plate. I then notched out the middle 2 holes on the jack plate (for the motor). Now I can slide the motor forward away from the tc and tighten the belt as needed. Use both side of the plate so it maintains the same height.
Good idea with the pedals. I think I'll try the same thing.

Where did you find an 8t sprocket?