View Single Post
Old 02-28-2018, 08:06 AM
Contributor

OK so I'm hoping you guys can help me out -

Several things have happened over the last month that have me completely re-evaluating what I've done to the buggy. It is harsh realization when you find yourself having more fun on a 110cc kart designed for a 8 year old than your own custom buggy. The 110cc slides all over the place and is absolutely loads of fun. I get this stupid grin on my face and it is just awesome.

So now I'm looking into lowering the SBox and keeping the suspension components. Once the lowering is done I'll likely drop down to 20s on the rear.

What I need help with is the math behind changing the shock mounts on the rear of the buggy. We will address the front later. The 14" blaster shock seems very stiff so I was planning to change the mechanical advantage of the swingarm pivot while also lowering the pivot point at least an inch. I measured all the angles and drew it up. Anyone want to chime in before I have to pull out my old statics book? Mainly, which point should be moved, or both?

Whatever you guys recommend I can throw in autocad and give you the drop values and such. FYI moving the upper mount up 1" yielded a drop of .89".