View Single Post
Old 09-04-2015, 08:34 PM
Supporting Vendor

Are your rear shocks the same length as the old ones? The reason I ask is in 2009 we put a set of Honda 350 rancher shocks on my son's buggy. They were 1" longer and had no problem mounting them. They had a much softer ride than the stock shocks. We were at the bash and every time he hit a good bump the the buggy would act like it run out of fuel. Both the carb and filter were hanging loose. I figured the shocks were too soft and bottoming out causing the redneck intake to hit the frame pulling both it and the carb out of the rubber. After several attempts I had 3 people really push down on the rear rack at the same time at once with all their weight and they were big guys. Shocks did not bottom and everything stayed as was. So out we go again and before we got to the trail head it happened again. Back to camp flustered now drinking heavily scratching my head as well as other parts my son put the carb and filter back on and about 5 people stood around staring at it not knowing what was causing it. Don't know if it was the alcohol or the rash I was giving my self from scratching, I just had this impossible hunch and had 2 people lift up the buggy using the rack. The bar across was pulling the redneck intake off but the carb would hit the fuel tank knocking the carb loose from the intake. Naturally the original shocks were 386 miles south and although we combined had enough parts to build a complete buggy nobody had shocks.