View Single Post
Old 03-01-2010, 11:00 PM
Lurker

unless you ride in water above the CVT or super heavy mud or super heavy dust, I have found NO reason to run a filter at all! My doom is over 3 years old, and I have only used 2 belts in all this time, and one belt got trashed because I experimented with different fan and variator heights...

I run NO fitler, and sometimes (more recently than not), I havent even reinstalled my CVT cover... A couple years ago, I watched a gentleman with a 125cc buggy run flawless for an entire weekend of serious hard riding with NO cvt cover at all!!! he rode in mud, dust, water, everything that upper PA could throw at us, and his buggy ran great!

I like to show off what I have when I have it, so my CVT cover hasnt been on for a while... If I ride in sand i'll throw it back on, but if im just playing around in the snow or on my local trails, that CVT is NAKED!!!

Im not saying throw out your CVT covers, or remove YOUR filters, im just saying unless you ride in extreme conditions, there really is no reason why you should smother the CVT unit.

Have fun guys!!!

john