View Single Post
Old 09-20-2009, 03:03 PM
Administrator

Default BuggyMasters Review: American Sportworks Carbide 150cc

This is the other 150cc machine that American Sportworks makes. The powertrain in this is identical to that installed in the Helix. The advantages that this machine has over the helix is it has a more conventional mini buggy design that most people seem to prefer over the Helix. It has bucket seats, mudflaps all around, headlights, and both front and back brakes where as the Helix only has them in the back. It also has a speedometer, although it is typically off by about 20%. Still better than nothing. If you are doing a lot of tight trail riding, this would be the preferred machine over the Helix just because it has a better turning radius and likely a little more ground clearance with the larger tires all around. This machine is however a bit more expensive than the Helix. Also, the red seats tend to fade to pink after time. The other con is that our Helix spanked it on all of the performance tests. I attribute this to the larger wheels that need to be turned and I feel that the Carbide is a bit heavier.

Pros: Very comfortable machine. I believe this is the same as a Hammerhead Twister 200. Part are cheap and easy to get.

Cons: When compared to the helix it is expensive but inline with other similar styled machines. Seats fade to pink over time.

BuggyMasters Overall Rating: 7 out of 10.

We rated the Helix slightly higher simply because of the performance difference and personal preference. Others very well may reverse these ratings depending on their riding environment.