View Single Post
Old 05-23-2010, 11:55 AM
Lite Contributor

Well I guess I'll throw something in on the contest. I'm gonna call this the cabin upgrade as seen in the first pic. I really didn't like the little rubber footpads in the recessed part of the floorboard, so I went to the local metal fab shop to see what they had for scrap. I got some diamond plate and installed it in the recess. Also got a smaller piece and put it on the bars above the steering wheel for a dashboard. Throw in a football shaped outdoor welcome/door mat I had laying around and a fancy shifter knob from Autozone and wa la... cabin upgrade!
I've also done some rear lighting mods as seen in the second pic. Due to the fact I wanted more rear visability than one brake/tail light on the rollbar that came stock, I installed two brake lights below the gas tank and two LED tails on the frame bar below the brake lights. The LEDs seem totaly wireless cause I fished all the wiring through the frame tubes to the electrical box. And while we're back here, you can never go wrong throwing a ball hitch on for pulling or being pulled.
In the third pic I always thought the gas tank that came stock was too small so I ordered a larger tank from my buggy's 250 counterpart and put it on. Yeah the tank is vendor, but the mounting legs are homemade outta straight stock from Ace hardware. Measure, bend, paint, and install.
Now the fourth pic is a non vendor fix, not a mod, wich I plan on showing a lil' more extensivley on another thread. It's two reshaped auto brakes shoes that saved me from buying a whole left crankcase for a lil' bit of broken aluminum cast. I'll post the entire break and fix on another thread.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 101_2206.jpg (98.9 KB, 51 views)
File Type: jpg 101_3338.jpg (99.4 KB, 46 views)
File Type: jpg 101_1452.jpg (95.0 KB, 45 views)
File Type: jpg 101_3364.jpg (93.6 KB, 44 views)