View Single Post
Old 11-22-2011, 10:51 PM
Lurker

The bushings----------
The ends of both the axle and jackshaft are bigger than the center of that shaft. A bushing for a Sprocket is in three pieces, two tapered halves that fit on the shaft with 2 bolt holes thru a flange on each piece, one sprocket mounting piece with a large center hole to install over the larger shaft ends. The two wedge pieces sit on the shaft (any size shaft) the sprocket mounting piece slides over the wedge pieces, bolts are inserted into the wedges and thru the sprocket mount then tightened, drawing the wedges into the sprocket and tighten onto the shaft simultaneously. .
BUT, with your idea, I could just split the pipe then make an axle clamp add the gear and brake flanges and save myself a bunch of money.(my wife gives me a little now and then) Damn your good, did not see it till I read it.
I may wind up buying the correct pieces, but I'm going to try and build my own first. Won't get to it untill everyone leaves this week end, I'm excited. Will be chafeing at the bit untill I can get to it again.

Thanks again
FOR YOUR VAST KNOWLEDGE :-)