View Single Post
Old 05-01-2012, 05:53 PM
Lurker

Default Yamaha SRV540 into a Honda FL250

Hope you are all doing well on your projects
I have not forgotten this machine. Just been busy enough to only look at it and tinker now and then. PLUS the brakes are kick'n my butt. I just can not seem to apply enough force with the finger lever (and I want to.) I thought of repositioning the master cylinder closer to negate the effect of long cable travel. I would rather leave it in the engine compartment. I know the master works good, with a lever I can stop the wheels with no problem. With the finger lever only it just slows down a bit. There is a correct applied force solution, I just have not had the insight to find it yet.(with available parts)
I still must extend the roll cage over the engine and find a suitable fuel tank.
The way it looks right now if it flipped to its side with most of the weight below chest level it would right it self. I'll finish the roll cage then get my kids here and we will all git on one side and flip it to see if it will come up right.
Oh yes and make a secure mount for the seat harness, and a better seat.

No matter what, it does scoot, I have not been able to use more then a third throttle in the back yard (1-1/3 acre), looking forward to getting it out of the fence line. Blonco wash is at my back fence line, like a sand highway for karts and ATV's.

Till next time
Love'n it- lots of fun

RDomke@Comcast.Net

Last edited by RDomke; 05-01-2012 at 06:00 PM.