View Single Post
Old 12-05-2017, 05:17 PM
Contributor

Thanks for the suggestions guys. It's raining, cold, and I'm on meds that suppress my immunity so I'm not going out in it and trying to get sick. I promise I'm not just being a lazy keyboard commando. The past year I'm had 4 major surgeries and frankly seen enough doctors I'm trying to stay away from them and hospitals as much as I can. My son's car is on a rotisserie in the shop so I can't just pull it in there and work comfortably. I don't care how big your shop is when you build it, after a year it will always be 8 times smaller than you "need".

Quote:
Originally Posted by scjeep4.7HO View Post
If it runs by putting fuel into the carb then it has to be a fuel supply issue somewhere. Either in the actual fuel line or something. the intake manifold not seating against the head? did you happen to leave the filter tube type thing in the tank from the old vacuum petcock?
Strainer from old petcock not in tank. I didn't get a chance to work on it today but I'm 99.99% sure the intake is seated and sealed. I will double check because like I said I'm open to any suggestion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim View Post
I am assuming it is gravity feed if so are you able to disconnect your fuel filter input and fill the filter up with syringe and hold it above the carburetor then if it does the same thing this will eliminate the problem being North off the filter.
Good luck
Yes gravity fed but I did take an air hose and hook it to the vent on the gas cap trying to pressurize it with about 10psi to see if I could blow anything out before I rebuilt the carb the first time the other night. That managed to flood it out pretty bad (yes I knew it would). Thats when I tore it down the first time. No it did not collapse the strainer or filter putting it under pressure. I checked to make sure they both flow afterwards.

I have not disconnected the tank but I have a hose on a funnel just for that purpose. It was on my list of things to try if I could work on it today.

I went ahead and ordered a new enrichment valve. I'm really leaning towards that or the resistor is bad personally. Even if it isn't I'm gonna machine one of the old ones out and use parts to build a cable operated one.