View Single Post
Old 05-21-2017, 10:09 PM
Lurker

I thought that I might have overfilled it but it's right at the top of the hash marks on the dip stick. Maybe a mm on to the smooth part of the dipstick. With it screwed in. If not screwed on its right at the top of hash marks. Have not done a compression check on it. Like I said it runs great and starts right up. I don't smell antifreeze and I've put my face right on the smoke. I'm afraid to open it up because I can't find gasket sets for this engine and I don't want to have another engine just sitting there again. I thought I was in the clear when it started right up and I let it idle for half an hour to make sure the fans switched on and off as they should. I don't have the air box on it. I have a foam filter directly on the carb. I have not messed with the jets on carb. Only because on the other buggies I have as soon as I put open filters they idle bad and then I change out jets till the engine runs smooth. The Carter fires up and idles good so I didn't think I needed to change them out. Would too small a jet cause white smoke? Thank you for your replies.