View Single Post
Old 09-20-2017, 12:23 PM
Heavy Contributor

I've got the jets to add a turbo.

Took brake from jetting til I get some other things.
I thought maybe one of my front shocks was bent. Travis was nice enough to send me a different set, to replace the stiff set that came with lift kit. They where softer. And rode better then the first set. But didn't handle the chop of our trails very well. I went back, and looked at gas charged I had. They wasn't bent. The bottom nut that held the rod, had worked it self lose. So took a few afternoons, to figure out how to take apart, and clean them up. Since had apart, added some color to them.
The very top screws off, and opens up the oil chamber. Noticed oil lvl was lower then the other. On both, oil lvls was lower then half. There is no I.D. marks on shock, telling me what kind they are so can look up what oil lvl should be. Is there a basic oil lvl, that should be at?
Without spring, I could easily move the shaft in and out. Once the piston lowered into the oil, then the shock shaft extended out much slower. But that was only affected about a 1/4 of the total travel. Way it was designed? Or should that be case for the entire shock?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20170919_123637.jpg (95.7 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg 20170919_183723.jpg (101.3 KB, 15 views)

Last edited by tkeagle; 09-20-2017 at 12:27 PM.