View Single Post
Old 11-20-2011, 11:23 PM
Lurker

Default Yamaha SRV540 into a Honda FL250

Here is a link to pictures of my attempt to squeeze a SRV540 Yamaha engine into a Honda FL250 frame. I cut the frame and extended it 13", for the exhaust and jack shaft to have some room. I'm going to make it a articulated shock support rear end. I'm using the Honda axel and lower half of the trans as a bearing hanger. Took out the gears and chain then cut the top off the trans and made a cover. Damn it worked! I'm trying to mount the jackshaft now. I had the Yamaha clutches so I bought an SRV 540 axel for the splines, then shortened it to fit in front of the motor. The motor mount is two Parallel rails holding a motor plate that can slide on the rails for adjustments. I'm in the process of mounting the jackshaft. I picked up more steel today, still debating on putting the jackshaft mount on the front or rear of the engine. Front looks better and adds more weight to the front of the engine, but the back has a shorter chain distance. Crap shoot , I'll figure that out tomorrow.
Enjoy the pictures, and comments are welcome. Any suggestion is a great idea, if I use it or not. It will at least keep me on my toes. I'm going on 70, so I know I will forget something.
Enjoy
RDomke@Comcast.Net

https://picasaweb.google.com/1074392...eat=directlink