View Single Post
Old 02-16-2014, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFauxFox View Post
yota, I'm looking at it like if you roll, a 5 point doesn't stop ur head from swinging around, and I know that's why we wear a helmet and all, but you roll cage holding ur head/helmet in (I think) is better than your head swinging out to the side and whacking the ground...
I have to politely disagree.

In all my years riding and playing on toys, I know I would rather have my head moving and possibly hitting dirt rather than being slung into a welded piece of steel, that has zero give. If you are that concerned with head movement and possible injuries, then wear one of these, or these, or stay home.

Also, on helmets, make sure you are wearing AT LEAST a DOT approved full face or 3/4 helmet and eye protection. A SNELL approved helmet is better, but DOT impact certification should not be looked past. These provide the impact cushion needed to prevent damage to your skull, including concussions, brain damge and death.

The most important thing is a PROPERLY INSTALLED AND TIGHTENED HARNESS. I personally like the 5 point variety due to the anti-submarine belt, which keeps you in the seat, and keeps the belt where it needs to be.

'04 Dazon Raider 150 'modded'