View Single Post
Old 03-01-2014, 06:31 PM

Me, personally, I don't like the idea of anything on the frame holding my head. The HANS device or the collar support keeps you and your head moving along the same plane. If, some freak accident, like a seat belt failing, and something is holding your head to something else, that can be way worse than fatigue or whiplash.

There are several reasons why that type of device is not being used by the racers, and the ones being used currently, are the way to go.

Now, addressing helmet weight. I know from years of riding street bikes, that helmet weight and neck fatigue makes the difference between a great ride, and misery. About a year ago, I decided to upgrade from an HJC to a SHOEI, and boy what a difference. I went from dreading a ride over 20 minutes, to looking for reasons to ride. Now, for random knowledge, HJC and SHOEI are the same brands, except one is considered entry level, and the other a much higher quality for serious riders and racers.

Considering the above, you may want to look at different helmets as well, I know I will be looking at some off road SHOEI's before long.

'04 Dazon Raider 150 'modded'