View Single Post
Old 04-06-2014, 09:26 PM
Supporting Vendor

i have both a sidewinder and a 175 engine. i had planned on mating the two but it looks like i'm giving the 175 w/ my crossfire 250 swingarm to a good friend who wants to hop up a baja dune 150 i found him( probably another build thread coming). it'll basically get all the parts i took from the now crosshammer. he does all my computer work for about nothing and cost on parts so i figured i'd return the favor. plus he just offered to update and host my website w/ hopefully a forum and chat feature which would be cool, so whatever i can do to help him get addicted, why not.

the sidewinder has pro's and cons, i plan on doing something w/ the chassis, probably a custom build to flip.
the pro's- super lite, howhit engine (at least mine was), the familiar yerf style swingarm, axle& hubs, front and rear brakes. reverse would be easy to add.
the cons - 1" frame and chassis..... 1 flip and it's tweaked. the familiar yerf swingarm, axle & hubs. no reverse. cage is narrow. stance is narrow.

the dazon raider is a much stouter buggy. the 175 engine as mike said is tough to find parts for. it is a clone of the honda CH series engines that was found in there ELITE scooters as the CN was in the HELIX.
the CH"s came in honda form as an 80,125,175 & 250. the parts are not interchangable w/ the cn, except for the thermostat housing, although they look similar. i did find that the output shafts for 150's do work as i used a yerf shaft on the BABY HUEY yerf i built. this would lead me to beleive the adding a 150 reverse box would work. i do plan on finding this out in the near future. as an engine it is a screamer and hauls butt. definitely and upgrade from a 150, and not much slower than a 250 if it is infact slower. speeds of mid 40's are obtained w/ confidence.
opening clip in this video is the yerf w/ the dazon https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edvddIS_2JQ

"LUCIFER" JOYNER JD400,
CROSSHAMMER 250R,
YERF GX150,
CROSSFIRE MBX150,
BMS 800V-TWIN
'16 RZR 900s ,
'17 ACE 900XC,
'99KX250,
'94 KDX200,
'18 SSR SR170TX

Last edited by JERSEYDEVIL; 04-06-2014 at 09:33 PM.