Thread: new spiderbox
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2013, 10:21 PM

It looks like you lucked out on the a-arms and spindles, they appear to be the 3rd gen, which are the better quality units.

I made it almost to the end before I saw the bulkhead hanging off the frame, and had to back track to the first set of pics, all I have to say is WTF happened to that thing??

I would start by disassembling the front end and closely inspecting the frame for tweaks and cracks around the tongue welds. The tongue should angle slightly upward, somewhere around 10 degrees. The bulkhead may be toast, but still worth a second look. Aside from the obvious, shocks, ball joints, maybe a rack and tie rods, you might be in store for a near complete overhaul. There is light at the end of the tunnel though, as most of these parts are relatively cheap, and if you can weld, they can be done rather quickly.

Ball joints allow a few options, heims, or BD HD ball joints, heims are cheaper, but require some creative fabricating.

I would save some $$ and pass on the BD shocks, I have seen some negative reviews on them, blaster front shocks seem to work well on the rear, and the fronts are a long running source of debate between chinese quad shocks to snowmobile front ends. It really depends on the intended use, trails, flat track racing, mud, hard pack roads, and so on.

That should keep you busy for a few hours, post pics of anything questionable, there a ton of yerf owners lurking around, and we all can help in one way, shape, or form.

'04 Dazon Raider 150 'modded'

Last edited by Masteryota; 06-22-2013 at 10:44 PM.