View Single Post
Old 10-29-2017, 02:37 PM
Lurker

Default Hh250 motor swap, 440 liquifire sled engine, questions

Hey guys,

Ok so I've upgraded my hh250 and still not getting the performance I would like out of it! Big bore 300cc kit, ported and polished head, dr pulley hit clutch and variator, digital adjustable CDI, and a new gear set ( prior owner trashed the low gear) and its got great torque, but only hitting about 35-38mph.

So...

My buddie has a 77 John Derre 440 liquifire sled that hasn't been fired up in 20 years barn kept that I was planning to use as a motor swap. But I don't want to lose the reverse with the buggy. I've been browsing around the forums the last few days and not finding what I'm looking for.

What do you guys think about cutting the motor off the gear box of the cf250 and attaching the 440 to the gear box? Do you think it would be able to handle the tourqe of the 440? I know it would be much easier to connect the jackshaft of the sled by chain to the buggys jackshaft, but then I lose reverse.

I was thinking of running a sprocket off the cf250 gearbox with chain to a jackshaft to hit the sled motor, I would be using the sleds clutch and driven clutch to a jackshaft, the said jackshaft to the clutch location on the cf250 gearbox.

I've read a lot on guys using gearboxes from atv's for the f/r , but not sure what type of gear boxes to look for in that instance.

Any thoughts or help would be appreciated!!!

Thanks guys
Dan