View Single Post
Old 11-04-2011, 11:45 AM
Contributor

Default 85 Honda FL350R Build For My Daughter

Hey guys I thought you all might like to see my newest addition to the fleet. Two years ago I tried to buy this thing from my neighbor but they refused to sell it to me, so I just kind of forgot about it. Well 2 weeks ago I went out riding & when I got home I saw them out in the front yard, so I went over and asked about it again, well.. 500 bucks later it was sitting in my garage.

It hasn't ran since 2005 and unfortunately it was left sitting outside uncovered, but it is a really nice complete machine. The engine was locked up and I figured they just melted a piston in it but it was a little worse once I got it apart. It was still on it's stock 78.5mm bore and had a piston skirt break which got lodged between the crank and the cases and broke both cases. Luckily I have a spare set of cases so I have that covered. My original plans were to sell off my other 350 and all my 350 parts and try and get another Pilot, but my daughter really likes the 350's so I have since decided to just restore this one for her and pass her Yerf Dog down to my 6 year old. We are a family of 4 and now have 4 buggys so we can all ride together when we go out.

Rather than post a bunch of pictures I started making Youtube video's of the progress. I would love to have this thing done by Christmas, but because of parts availability it might be spring.

Part 1

Part 2