View Single Post
Old 03-16-2015, 06:33 PM
Lite Contributor

Default Battery failure... or something? NEED HELP!

So I've had this buggy for about a year, and yes it sat for several cold months here but now its warm and I'm ready to ride! This problem isn't exactly new, it just didn't seem as bad before. My battery keeps dying. Sometime even whilst riding, which to me seems impossible, right? Idk how these gy6 motors operate as far as the battery and alternator or whatever it is they have. Now, so far I've gathered that there may a short somewhere. Now, whenever this problem first arrived I thought maybe the headlights and stuff were draining it. So I took them off, rewired them to their own separate battery and left alone every wire that went to the electric start button, key, and brake (the safety feature which demands you press the brake to start the engine) On that note, the brake safety feature wasn't working when I pushed the brake so I just connected the terminals in order to not have to press the brake to start the engine, resulting in the brake light being on all the time while riding, but I don't think thats enough to drain the battery in that way. its gotta be something else, its pretty crappy. I've done much work to the carb and air intake and things of that nature, and I actually pride myself very much on having been able to keep the motor running and functioning, and now this is just a big wall that I can't seem to climb. From what I've read it sounds like there's gonna be some work involved in this solution that I just don't know if I'm capable of performing myself. So I'm hoping maybe one of you guys knows some secret that I just don't know about. I seen this solar panel battery "maintainer" made by coleman? that I was thinking about getting and hooking up just to keep my batter up while riding? Please post any questions I will answer very quickly, I can even get pictures real quick if needed! Any and all help will be MUCH MUCH appreciated! Thanks in advance!-- Also posted in BuggyNews