View Single Post
Old 08-07-2018, 11:46 AM
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by COLDSTEEL View Post
All sounds good.Neo u say u have "8 pole" and Sycarms u say u have "6 pole". Which one is "stock"? I also have "lawn mower" battery. I have it up top in back. I thought about "upgrading" the stator just so I wouldn't worry about lights. Neo good call, those lights I did plan to get. Good to know it will support the lights. Neo, I assume those lights effective? Would I also need a "flood" light as well? Sycarms, assuming I have the "stock" 6 pole what lights do u have?
My original Blade buggy come with a 4 pole stator. The buggy had 2 35W head lights. When I added the 2 35W lights to top bar the stator would not keep up with batt charge so I went to a 6 pole stator and everything worked as should. My next project was to replace with a 12 pole stator so I could run higher wattage lighting. Than come the led lights. When one of my headlights got broken I replaced them with led's and eventually the top lights as well. When my 12 pole stator went out on me I went back with a 6 pole and have had since. The bigger the stator the more power it robs from the engine,. LED lights use barely any power so a 6 pole will work just fine.