View Single Post
Old 08-29-2015, 08:42 AM

a little update on the wiring. Its been very time consuming for me, between ordering wire connectors, then having to order wire loom, then recently having to order 22 gauge wire for the trail tech and wideband because there wires need to be extended. Made a phone call to john because the key switch had two grounds on it and was tied into everything up front and was totally throwing me off. John recommended just cutting everything out and starting over. After talking to him for a little while I finally decided to cut a lot of crap out and starting running power wires for each item and grounds. Its been taking me a lot longer then I expected but I feel like the end result will be well worth it. Il have to get more pics up soon as im about 80 percent done with the wiring now. When I started to run the the main power and ground wire for the battery I wasn't 100 percent satisfied with the battery stock location with it being close to the exhaust and wires. So I cut it out and now have it mounted on top of the rear swing arm brace. Just have to weld it in place and its further away from the exhaust and stays away from being low to the ground so a win win. Installed a new light switch just going to run regular lights so I deleted the high beams, john had also recommended trying led bulbs so that might be later on. The pic below is everything I pretty much got rid of.

Aluminum fuel tank, aluminum wheels, custom fuel/cargo rack, entire rewire, trail tech vapor, ported big valve head, a12camshaft, 12 gram sliders, straight intake, kirkey wide seat, front end extension. 4 point harness, welded cage. Hammerhead exhaust.

Blade Single Seater Restore
welded cage, engine build, new wiring harness/electric box, spun aluminum fuel tank.

Last edited by jmansracerocket; 08-29-2015 at 08:44 AM.